Monday, 25 October 2010

Gnomes

So... everyone around here seems to be thinking deep thoughts, contemplating raising our children... and I want to thank them for some really enlightening posts. I have not been so philosophical lately... I've been tired... but I've still been playing... wanna see what I did???

Remember that wonderful website that One Pink Fish introduced us to called Wee Folk Art? Oh yeah... I've been making gnomes like crazy! Here are some of the first ones... today they went to live at my daughter's preschool. I hope the kids like them!


There are really endless possibilities with the colors used for the gnomes... which means that there can be multitudes that are "one-of-a-kind"! My kids take them and have created a whole world and families and stuff... as fast as I can produce them!

The pattern actually says to make the small ones just like the adults... just smaller. I found it easier to cut the rectangle for their outfits, and then sew up the front with "X"'s. I put acorn caps on them... and thought they turned out pretty well!


I'm going to make another set for my daughter's preschool, and I want to make them a Tomten also. It's such a great story, and Yule is the perfect time for reading it and acting it out. The kids are always putting on "shows" at preschool... it's SO cute!

Anyway, the learning curve for making these is fast... after you make the first, you're really on your way to a whole clan! I'm going to start making beds for them soon... I just need to order more wool felt first (oh... really, if you do this, wool felt... as opposed to polyester felt... makes ALL the difference!).

No comments:

Post a Comment